2 RAID RULES
****** Raid Bans: Treve/Minus ************
2.0 A RAID is defined as ANY attack by any non-citizen (one or more) upon a citizen or Resident of Isle of Tarns.
2.1 Only one raid per every three day period from any city, village, port, or group.
* A 'group' includes the same persons assisting another raiding village
* No femlaws/female warriors/raiding females/raiding panthers/talunas.
* Panthers/talunas can role play (RP) if trading, but must have a RP background of how they have arrived. They cannot raid.
2.2 ALL RAIDS MUST USE THE RAID SIREN, OTHERWISE RAID WILL BE INVALIDATED
* The ship landing is a safe zone for only 10 minutes when you arrive.
* If you engage in RP or combat before the 10 minutes expire, the zone will no longer be safe.
* The Raid Siren is on the ship docks.
* Touch the Raid Siren to initiate a raid.
* A 15 second countdown will begin.
* at ‘0’ the raid begins.
2.3 Raid ratio is 2:1 (2 raiders to 1 defender).
* Defender is an active warrior, or member of the village militia. Non-fighting Free Men on our sim at the time of raiding do not count in this ratio
* There must be 2 active warriors on the sim for any combat to happen. This includes the taking/kidnapping of members of the sim (including a role play taking/kidnapping without metered combat).
2.4 The Isle of Tarns (IoT) consists of two sims: Village Sim and the Housing Sim.
* Houses on the main sim are allowed to be lock picked.
* Housing Sim: A raiding party may enter and lock pick into a house on the homestead, subject to SL provisions of a homestead sim.
2.5 Gorean Meter (GM) is required.
* All weapons must be visible.
2.6 Allowed Weapons:
* ALL weapons used in a raid on the Isle of Tarns must conform to the current Gorean Meter Weapon Guide. Any weapons suspected of breaking the GM Weapon Guide is subject to testing.
* We do not allow:
*Kur claws dual useage
*Dual usage weapons
*Non-gorean weapons such as guns, pistols, muskets, cannons, grenade launchers, etc.
2.7 Sim is set to ‘Direct Hits only.
2.8 Entry & Exit (Teleport out) from Isle of Tarns is allowed only from the ship or dock teleport.
* Exit from a raid (sailing) 10 words.
2.9 Tarn Rules ~ See Tarns Page
2.10 Grapples must have the option to cut/kill the item.
* ONLY the unmodified animated grapple/hook By Centipede is permitted (Copy on the docks)
* 3 lines - shouted emotes - minimum 10 words each, no less that 10 seconds apart.
* No rope arrows permitted.
* No grappling rocks/cliffs/boulders. ONLY walls/palisades may be grappled.
* Grapples must be spaced a minimum of 1.5m apart.
2.11 Lock picking: 3 lines of minimum 10 words each.
2.12 No siege weaponry permitted unless:
* A siege is role played as a 4 day occupation/blockade on our docks. Reinforcements for the blockade are permitted over the 4 day period, but once the 'raid' commences, the raid rules apply.
2.13 Aiding: 2 lines of minimum 10 words per line.
2.14 Binding: 3 lines of minimum 10 words per line.
2.15 Hog-tie: 1 line (not including the initial 3 binding lines) of 10 words per line.
2.16 Unbinding: 2 lines of minimum 10 words per line.
2.17 Self Unbinding: 3 lines of minimum 10 words.
* Unbinding only allowed 5 minutes after you are bound.
*You can NOT self-unbind if you are leashed or hogtied.
2.18 Re-arming: one line of minimum 10 words stating the weapons found and taken.
2.19 No running while dragging a captive.
2.20 No jumping while fighting.
2.21 No shooting when in water.
2.22 No running up mountains or jumping off cliffs.
2.23 Kills: 30 minutes of RP, AFTER combat ends.
2.24 IoT free women and slaves can aid and bind.
* can defend themselves or their property if attacked.
* Free Women GM legal weapons: pins, whips, daggers and any slave damage weapon.
* slaves GM legal 5%-11% max. direct damage (slave weapons): rocks, brooms, slingshots, etc.
* no thrown daggers, bows, darts, swords, lance, etc.
2.25 Free Women and slaves accompanying a raiding force can aid and bind.
* no weapons permitted.
* Cannot attack others or defend themselves.
2.26 Kurii : Only 2 allowed in a raid. No large groups.
* require a RP background of how they have managed to get to Isle of Tarns.
2.27 Joining ongoing battles:
* IoT may send a runner to allies IC and request assistance during a raid.
* If someone (defender) logs in while a fight is in progress they may not join it.
* Only allies to IoT are allowed to join in on an ongoing raid.
* Raiders will come with a specific group and cannot change during the raid.
2.28 The rescue time frame for ALL captives (whether IoT resident or raider) is as follows:
* Rescue attempt may commence 2 hours after the end of a raid.
* Only 1 rescue attempt permitted within the 72 hour captive period.
* Downed rescuers, are subject to capture and being help captive
* Rescuers are not permitted to take other captives with them, only those they are rescuing.
* Captives can be held for no more than 72 hours, during which the above rules apply, but non-combat options such as negotiation and trade are also permitted for the release of captives.
2.29 Cheating or ‘griefing’ WILL result in an immediate ban.
2.30 The gates are considered a solid entity when closed. You may not:
* Fire arrows through the gates
* Attack with a sword or other weapon through the gates
((Note: gates law 8.3 repeated here for raid reference))
2.31 Warriors who believe they need to call a MOD should first contact the highest ranking member of the side they are on. If that officer agrees, then the MOD can be called in.
**** By raiding The Isle of Tarns you hereby accept and agree to follow the above stated rules and laws and are subject to full responsibility of your actions. We will hold you accountable for any illiteracy or laziness in not reading these rules. You will be subject to them even if you claim to have read them or not. If you do not have common sense this is not our problem. You are subject to all of the laws and rules of engagement. If you do not agree with any of the above rules stated, do not participate.****